1. I hate selling a house.
2. I love shopping for houses. If only we could buy any one we wanted….
3. I threw up in the Kopp’s Custard Shop bathroom the other day. It was a disgusting place to throw up.
4. My damn dog jumps on the counter and eats food off of plates left on the counter. The other day she ate an entire bbq pork sandwich from an amazing bbq restaurant in Milwaukee. Tom was so angry she ate the last sandwich!
5. I love Butterfingers right now.
6. Have I ever mentioned I hate grocery shopping? I go to the grocery department at Target, just so that it doesn’t feel like I’m in a grocery store.
7. I haven’t read a book in months. I am not going to read 50 Shades of Grey, for the sole reason that I want to be able to say that I didn’t read it.
8. I still love spinning, on a bike, not the spinning wool kind of thing….never done that.
9. I’m not sure which is funnier: Me doing Body Pump with this belly, spinning with this belly, or trying to bend over and work on furniture with this belly….
10. I hate the show Family Guy.
11. Gus peed in an empty popcorn bowl in the basement the other day. Why do boys do things like that?!
13. Rice and Noodles are my least favorite things to throw up.
14. My entire living room is covered in legos.
15. These guys make pizza in that oven. It takes about 1 minute for it to cook. Best. Pizza. Ever. We have it at least once a week. The boys love it. You must check them out if you are ever in town. http://flyingcowpizza.com/
1. Babies change your life.
2. You will NEVER sleep again. Evident by this photo of a very sleepy mommy:
3. Babies don’t need all the crap we buy them. It’s true.
4. Your life will revolve around a schedule. You will write down when your baby poops, eats, burps, sleeps…
5. You MUST go on dates. No matter what.
We drove. Thousands of miles. To go to the beach. And it was the best! Here are a few snapshots of our trip. I noticed I didn’t take many pictures. Then I saw that hubby took a few, and my sister-in-law loaded some up on our computer, so I was relieved.
Tons of photos but just a glimpse into the fun we had. It is definitely a trip we will never forget!
Sad, sad little cabinet….
All she needed was a little love….
And then she became a happy little cabinet…
I named her Eloise. I heart her.
Today marks the anniversary of the day you died six years ago. It seems like just yesterday you were here. I remember the day exactly, the time, the place I was standing when Dad called. I remember it all.
I am sure you have been watching over us like a hawk. We can feel you, the kids talk about you all the time. Which is a bit odd since Porter was less than a year old when you died. Jack has even mentioned that you are wearing tennis shoes in Heaven. How would he know that unless he saw you? We’ve never mentioned it before.
You would be so proud of your daughters. Sara and Lindsay have become beautiful, caring middle aged ladies with hearts of gold. Can you believe Sara is a Mom?! And she loves it?! And she’s a great one. And Lindsay got married and bought a house?! I know. Hopefully she won’t kick in any of these doors.
Dad is doing okay. He misses you, but he bought a Harley and got a new tattoo. So, he’s found a few hobbies.
I’m sure you had a hand in making my little family a family of four boys! We all know you wanted at least one boy! So, you must be pretty darn friendly with God, since you got your wish of having all boys as grandchildren!
I miss you every single day. My memories of you when you weren’t sick are starting to fade, and that makes me sad. Although my memories of you being sick are starting to fade too, so I guess that is a blessing. And, we all know I have a crap memory anyway.
I love you and miss you.
I ordered this little cute bracelet from Etsy. I figured I needed something pretty….
I put it on the second it arrived and haven’t taken it off since. Love the butterfly. Because, well, you know, I have that little thing with White Butterfly….
You can get your own here at CoCo Wagner Jewelry.
She has lots of pretty things for sale!
(I am not being paid for this, I did not receive this as a gift to say nice things, I just ordered it and love it and thought you might find something pretty too.)
Well, since I have no schedule here, nothing fancy and we pretty much talk about whatever we want, I decided in order to actually get some blogging done, I should maybe have some sort of schedule. So, I’m thinking of a few ideas, rolling things around in my head….
I don’t want it to be set in stone, because well, one day I may have something else to say, so, I’m just going to leave it as, “it’s my blog and I’ll do what I want to”.
I know that I will do some sort of furniture make-over on Mondays, aptly titled “Make-Over Monday”. I will also still have Mom Ramblings, because well, duh, we love them. I’m also going to do the “What they don’t tell you” as well as “Things I’ve found” (most likely while out junking), and “Pretty Things that I have discovered”. There will still be lots of stories about our family and moving and the new house, and crazy things I try and scheme up my hubby to help me with….
My thought is that if I can pencil in some ideas, things may be a little more consistent around here and you’ll hear from me more than once every two weeks!
Yippee!!! So here we go!
1. I sold this chair. I know I said I would never ever sell it, but, we have no room. And it was screaming to be photographed with cute little kids in funky hats and pretty bows sitting on it.
2. We went on a beach vacation this past week. It’s been in the works for 2 years. We had the most amazing time. I will share pictures soon.
3. Our house is still for sale. Buy it.
4. I’m starting a new series called, “What they don’t tell you.” All about what people fail to mention before…getting married/being pregnant/having kids/growing old…Should be fun. Watch for it!
5. Thanks to Dave Ramsey we payed for our entire vacay in cash and still had money left over.
6. I’ve been running while the boys bike beside me and it’s been such a fun time! I get my run in, they get exercise, people stare and laugh. It’s a winning situation.
7. We made BLT’s the other day for supper and instead of mayo we used avocado. Delish. Gus ate an entire avocado in one sitting. By himself. I guess he likes them.
8. We had a great time at the beach. (Did I already mention that?)
9. I have nothing to wear. I don’t want to buy too many maternity clothes because, really, I won’t wear them again….so, I rotate between the same three pairs of shorts and one pair of jeans all week long. I’m pathetic. And cheap.
10. I had an ultrasound last Thursday! Hooray for babies!
Gus, Guster, Auggie, August. This little dude turns 3 today.
We love him more than anything and couldn’t imagine our family without him.
Love you buddy!